As shown in our decades of successful and lasting projects, GR Burgess Co. understands that a quality remodel or new home construction project is dependent on a thorough planning process. We work with our clients to ensure each project - no matter large or small - is planned meticulously.
While the size and scope of projects might vary, our work ethic never does. As we were taught by our master craftsman grandfather: "Measure twice, cut once."
- We have our clients fill out our online "Request a Consultation" form. This quickly and efficiently provides us with the background information we need.
- Based on the information given on the "Request a Consultation" form, we will schedule a meeting to look at the project site and take precise measurements of the work site. We continue to ask questions of the client and to fully scope out all details. Some of the information we gather includes:
- Are plans existing, or needed?
- Does the project require the services of an architect and/or structural engineer?
- What is the best way to incorporate the new space into the existing structure and property?
- What support does the client need for financing?
- What building permits will be necessary?
- What steps need to be taken to safely conduct the project?
- What steps need to be taken to minimize impact on the client's daily lifestyle?
- Next, we use the information we've gathered to put together our proposal. We happily answer any and all questions about the project cost and schedule.
- Once we reach agreement on beginning the project, we carefully outline to the client when project will begin, and what prep work is needed.
- When prep work is completed, we begin the project. Important client communication is critical at this stage, and we work to:
As the project wraps up, we thoroughly remove all materials and tools. We schedule a final walk through with client to identify any loose ends and ensure the project is completed to the client's satisfaction.
- Work with the client to identify areas of the home to seal off to keep mess and noise to a minimum.
- Provide regular updates to keep project disruption to a minimum.
- Offer immediate notification if something unexpected pops up.
- Carefully coordinate with any needed sub-contractors to ensure they fit seamlessly and professionally into the project and work site.
- As the project progresses, walk through the site with client as needed to work out details.
We treasure our long-lasting relationships with our clients, many of whom we have worked with for decades. We pride ourselves on the trust they place in us time and again with their home.